What is the trademark referral service?
Upon receipt of an order for the free trademark referral, we will pass your contact details onto our provider who will contact you and assist with obtaining a trademark.
Although we do not charge to refer you onto the provider, there will be a charge to obtain the trademark, these fees will be provided by our provider.
What is a trademark?
A trademark is a sign that is used to distinguish your business’ goods or services from other traders.
Through a registered trademark, you can protect your brand by restricting other people from using its name or logo.
Securing a registered trademark protects your brand, and provides you with the tools to prevent someone using similar signs and using the back of your business. With your brand registered, you are within your rights to take actions against parties who have attempted to register conflicting trademarks, or are operating with conflicting brands and damaging your business.
If you do not protect your trademark by registering it, then you may find you are legally prevented from expanding your business.
What are the benefits of a registered trademark?
- The owner of a registered trade mark is entitled to prevent a third party from using an identical mark or using a similar mark in circumstances where confusion is likely to arise
- Other benefits are that it is easier and less expensive to protect a registered mark (as opposed to an unregistered one) against infringement
- Licensees, franchisees are more likely to be attracted if the business has a registered trademark
- Allows the abbreviation ® to be used thereby clearly demonstrating ownership of a brand
- A registered trademark gives you an exclusive monopoly to the name for 10 years, which can be renewed at 10 year intervals if required
- A registered trademark is an asset and adds value to a business
- Trademark registration ensures that your trademark or brand cannot be hijacked or stolen by manufacturers, licensees, distributors, agents, or ex-employees