To be able to setup an Offshore Company, we are required to conduct checks on the officers within the company. Therefore, we obtain identification documents on the individuals involved.
What documents are required for the Incorporation of an offshore company?
The following documents are the standard documents requested for each offshore incorporation:
- Certified copy of the Passport for each officer/Beneficial Owner
- Certified Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months for each Officer/Beneficial Owner
Your identification and address documents should have been certified by a person from one of the following professions:
- a member of the judiciary, a senior civil servant, or a serving police or customs officer;
- an officer of an embassy, consulate or high commission of the country of issue of documentary verification of identity;
- a lawyer or notary public who is a member of a recognised professional body;
- an actuary who is a member of a recognised professional body;
- an accountant who is a member of a recognised professional body;
- a company secretary who is a member of a recognised professional body;
A suitable certifier must certify that he or she has seen the original documentation, and that a copy of the document provided (which he or she certifies) is a complete and accurate copy of that original. Where applicable, the certifier must also state that a photograph is a true likeness of the individual. The certification must be independent, so even if you are a professional as detailed above, you cannot certify documentation for yourself or another related party.
The certifier must:
• Sign and date the copy document
• Print his or her name and address and telephone number
• State the capacity in which they are certifying the document
• Ensure any documents not in English are accompanied by a certified English translation
Please note some jurisdictions require further documents in addition to the ones mentioned above.
What additional Documents maybe requested?
The following listed documents are the additional documents that are sometimes required. These will only apply to certain jurisdictions.
- Bank Reference Letter - This is a letter issued by your bank to state your full name, address, passport number/ID card number to state that you have been a member of the bank for the amount of years you have been and that your accounts are in good standing.
- Beneficial Owners Declaration – This will be sent to you by CFS on receipt of your order
- Business Plan/CV
- Source of Wealth (Bank Statement or Wage slip)
To view further information for each jurisdiction or to order your offshore company, please click here and select the jurisdiction you are interested in.