Newsletter Opt Out
If you are currently signed up to our newsletter and want to opt-out, please follow this link.
The Company and personal information
CFS International Formations Limited are a partner in CFS Formations LLP. We collect and process data from enquiries and clients to promote, deliver and improve our services. We always comply with the applicable data protection legislation and we will ensure that collection and use of personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable data Protection laws. The main data protection law is ‘GDPR’ The General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU)2016/679).
CFS International Formations Limited
43 Owston Road
Tel: 01302 729041
The personal data we may collect and why
We collect personal data at the time of enquiries and any orders you place for our products and services.
The personal data we collect about you includes:
- Contact name, title, address, telephone number, email address
- Date of birth
- Photographic ID, utility bill and any further due diligence documents that are required for anti-money laundering
Why we collect this information:
- To make clients aware of news and offers from CFS
- Provide a service to our clients and document what services we provide
- Handle enquiries, orders and complaints with the correct information
- Monitor and improve the quality of our training and services
- Research and understand your preferences and needs to improve our marketing effectiveness
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with:
- Other companies involved in providing services ordered i.e. Companies House.Therefore we may be required to provide some information about you to fulfil our order/agreement with you. However we do not permit third-party processors to use your personal data for their own purposes. Third party processors, will process data in accordance with our instructions
- Payment details - we do not store any debit / credit card details, nor do we share with any 3rd parties. Online card payments are made via a large multinational card processing company. CFS do not have access to any card details.
Data security, how do we keep your data secure and safe?
CFS have in place appropriate security measures, designed to keep your personal data secure and safe, preventing any information from being lost, stolen, altered, used or disclosed in any unauthorised way.
How do we do this?
- Ensuring that access is only given to your personal data if individuals have a genuine requirement for it
- Allowing only individuals to use your data following your instructions
- We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected or confirmed personal data breach and we would notify any applicable regulator immediately where we are legally required to
What are your data protection rights?
By law under certain circumstances you have the right to the following:
- Request access to your personal data – this would enable you to receive a copy of the information we hold about you, and check that we are lawfully processing the right information.
- To request correction of personal data.
- Request to erase your personal data, enabling you to delete or remove data where there is no lawful basis for the details to be kept. Please be aware that such a request may prevent us from the running of your service purchase.
- Object to the process of your personal data, if there is a reason that we may be required to use a third party and you object to this happening, please be aware that this may affect the product or service we are providing
You will not be charged for access to your personal data, however you may be charged if your request is found to be excessive or clearly unfounded. We also may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
Notice of your rights concerning your personal data
You have the rights over how we use your personal data; you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the contact information above, via telephone, email or post.
In certain cases our ability to uphold your rights may depend upon our obligations to process personal data for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested.
How to complain about our processing of personal data
If you are not satisfied with our processing of personal data and how we have responded to your complaint about the processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners office (ICO) by calling +44 (0) 303 1231113 or visiting their website:
We would, however appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the Information Commissioners office, by contacting us first.