Malta Bank Account
When applying for a Maltese Bank Account, we would firstly try to apply for an Account with Agri Bank and Revolut. If your application is not accepted with these Banks, we also have alternatives which we are able to approach. The Bank Account can be opened for businesses which have been incorporated in Malta. We work with an International Bank which is located in Malta; they meet our high standards on confidentiality, have an excellent reputation and offer a wide range of banking services which we believe will suit most requirements.
- Secure location for savings and assets
- English Speaking Country – which makes it easier for you to communicate with them
- Malta has the second largest banking sector in the euro zone
- Malta Bank Accounts generally provide a safe and efficient online banking services which allows the client to view and/or administer funds from anywhere in the world
- The European central bank has identified Malta’s banking sector as being one of the most robust within the EU
About the Bank
- AgriBank is a Maltese credit institution they are licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority under the Banking Act 1994
- AgriBank PLC was established in 2012
- They are committed to offering a flexible service to clients
- Offers a variety of services including lending facilities, fixed deposit accounts, current accounts and flexible internet banking facilities
- The Bank have a straightforward and hassle-free internet banking portal making it easy for you to manage your account
Corporate Documents Required
We require Corporate Documents for the company that is opening a Malta Bank Account. The Corporate Documents must be notarised or apostilled by a solicitor/notary public.
The following Corporate Documents are required:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (if your type of company doesn’t have memorandum and articles then a similar document which sets out the rules of the company)
- Register of Directors
- Register of Shareholders/Members
- Share Certificate(s)
- Company Organogram - we can provide a template
We can assist you with obtaining the required corporate documents and also with the notarisation and apostille of the documents. Please contact us for assistance.
If the company is older than 1 year, we will require a Certificate of Good Standing. We can assist you with obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing from the relevant authority.
Personal Documents Required
A Malta Bank Account requires the following personal documents from each officer, beneficial owner and authorised signatories within the company:
- Certified Copy of a valid Passport with the photograph visible
- Certified Copy of a Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months – this can be a Bank Statement, Gas/Electricity Bill
- Document to verify the source of wealth - document to show where the funds have derived
If any of the above documents are not in English, a translated copy must be obtained.
When a document requires certifying, an Accountant, Solicitor, Lawyer or Certified Auditor must certify the documents in English and the certificate must state the following:
- ‘I hereby certify that this document is a true copy of the original’
- The Certifiers printed name
- Name of the Organisation
- Date Certified
- Contact Information including Email Address and Contact Number
Documents required for any Corporate Officer
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles – Or similar document containing the companies rules
- Register of Director/Shareholder/Members
- Share Certificate
All Due Diligence documents should be in English, if not the documents should be translated into English and certified the same.
A visit to the Bank is not required to open a Malta Bank Account. The Account can be opened remotely via email and telephone communication.
The Bank will charge you an onboarding fee of 500EURO and the account will also be charged a 40EURO maintenance fee each month.
Once compliance have all documents and information required, the bank account will be opened within 10 working days.
Banking Facilities Available
- Flexible Internet Banking Facilities
- Offer a variety of services including lending facilities
- Fixed Deposit Accounts available
- Current Accounts available
- Bank Cards are not currently available
- Please click here for a PDF of the Banks fee schedule View
Why Choose CFS Formations?
CFS will provide a fast, simple and transparent service that goes the extra mile to ensure complete customer satisfaction. We have a dedicated accounts manager who works within the bank which we liaise with to ensure the account opening runs as smoothly. Our experienced team will offer full support throughout the bank application.
Bank Account Introductions are not guaranteed, although we do try our best to ensure the account is opened. The Banks criteria can change without prior notice.
Unfortunately, the Bank Account opening is at the discretion of the Bank and their decision is out of our control.
If the Bank decline your application for a Bank Account, kindly note that refunds cannot be provided as we have still processed the application for you.