Gibraltar Bank Account
A Gibraltar Bank Account can be opened for businesses which have been incorporated in Gibraltar. They have high standards on confidentiality, have an excellent reputation and offer a wide range of banking services, including Gibraltar Offshore Banking. We believe the Banks services will suit most requirements.
Please note that the company must have links to Gibraltar to be able to proceed with this account. The company requires an office in Gibraltar, along with a Director and employees in Gibraltar too.
- The Gibraltar offshore banking sector is well established in both the offshore and local market
- Gibraltar culture and legal system are similar to the UK. Its legislation is based on English common law
- Favourable tax status means no tax is payable on interest generated on your saving
- Gibraltar is easily accessible from Europe
- Excellent reputation, stable government and special status within the EU
About the Bank
- This Gibraltar Bank is the newest Bank In Gibraltar – Opened May 2015
- It is owned by the Government who took the steps to open a new bank in the times when other banks in Gibraltar are moving away from normal commercial business banking to investment banking only
- The bank will concentrate on offering both personal and corporate commercial banking with all the standard facilities expected of modern banking
- Ability to make payments at any time of the day with secure online banking
- Accounts available in all major currencies
- Avoid unpredictable exchange rates
- Receive international payments with ease
Corporate Documents Required
We require Corporate Documents for the company that is opening an Account in Gibraltar. The Corporate Documents must be notarised or apostilled by a solicitor/notary public.
The following Corporate Documents are required:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (if your type of company doesn’t have memorandum and articles then a similar document which sets out the rules of the company)
- Register of Directors
- Register of Shareholders/Members
- Share Certificate(s)
If the company was incorporated through CFS, we will obtain the required Corporate Documents for the Bank application.
If the company was not incorporated through CFS, we can assist you with obtaining the required Corporate Documents for an additional charge. Please contact us for assistance.
If the company is older than 1 year, we will require a Certificate of Good Standing. We can assist you with obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing from the relevant authority.
Personal Documents Required
The bank requires the following personal documents from each officer, beneficial owner and authorised signatories within the company:
- Certified Copy of a valid Passport with the photograph visible
- Certified Copy of a Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months – this can be a Bank Statement, Gas/Electricity Bill
- Personal CV or LinkedIn Profile
- Proof of Source of Wealth / Funds
If any of the above documents are not in English, a translated copy must be obtained.
When a document requires certifying, an Accountant, Solicitor, Lawyer or Certified Auditor must certify the documents in English and the certificate must state the following:
- ‘I hereby certify that this document is a true copy of the original’
- The Certifiers printed name
- Name of the Organisation
- Date Certified
- Contact Information including Email Address and Contact Number
Please Note: The Bank may request additional documentation depending on the company business activities and countries you are working with.
Documents required for any Corporate Officer
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles – Or similar document containing the companies rules
- Register of Director/Shareholder/Members
- Share Certificate
The Gibralter Bank account can be opened in Euro, British Pound and US Dollars
A visit to Gibraltar is required to open this Business Bank Account.
The Gibraltar Bank do not have a minimum or maximum opening balance
Once all documents and bank forms have been received by the bank, it usually takes around 10 working days for the account to be opened once compliance are happy with the documents.
Banking Facilities with a Gibraltar Bank Account
- A monthly statement is provided free of charge
- Debit Cards available via a 3rd Company
- Gibraltar Offshore Banking
- Internet Banking
- No deposit required
- Ability to pay for goods and services
- Once we have received all the required identification documents and information, the application is sent to the Banks compliance team. They may request additional documentation. Once the compliance team are satisfied the account will be opened in the time displayed, which is 2-3 weeks
- Please click here for a PDF of the Banks fee schedule View
Please note that the Gibraltar Bank Account is only suitable for companies that do not have nominee services
Why Choose CFS Formations?
CFS will provide a fast, simple and transparent service that goes the extra mile to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Our experienced team will offer full support throughout the Gibraltar bank account application.
Bank Account Introductions are not guaranteed, although we do try our best to ensure the account is opened. The Banks criteria can change without prior notice.
Unfortunately, the Bank Account opening is at the discretion of the Bank and their decision is out of our control.
If the Bank decline your application for a Bank Account, kindly note that refunds cannot be provided as we have still processed the application for you.