Mauritius Bank Account
A Mauritius Bank Account can be opened for businesses which have been incorporated in most jurisdictions including the UK. We work with a specific Bank located in Mauritius, who meet our high standards on confidentiality, have an excellent reputation and offer a wide range of banking services which we believe will suit most requirements. The Bank we use offers a wide range of different products and services including current accounts, savings accounts, term deposits, leasing, housing loans & personal loans, term loans.
- English Speaking Country – which makes it easier for you to communicate with them
- One of Africa’s wealthiest countries and its financial system is one of the best on the continent
- Mauritius has strong cultural links with Europe, India, China, Africa
- Mauritius have a solid reputation as an investor friendly and open country offering predictability, stability and protection of investors
- Has a well established banking institution with an efficient banking system and an international stock exchange
About the Bank
- In 2010 the Banking Corporation in Mauritius was formed, the bank is now established in the financial center of Port Louis, the bank operates in Retail, Corporate and International Banking.
- The bank strive on delivering on responsibilities towards the county, community and environment Mauritius
- The financial services division provides a wide range of financial services to private and corporate clients in Mauritius, Seychelles and Kenya.
- Standing order facilities makes it more convenient to settle reoccurring payments
- Dedicated relationship manager to accompany you with banking requirements
- Overdraft Facilities to enable you to better manage cash flow
- Cheque book Facility which makes it more convenient for you to settle payments
- Monthly e-statements for easy account reconciliation
- Free MasterCard debit chip card
- Free internet banking to access your account anytime, eliminating time consuming bank meetings
Corporate Documents Required
We require Corporate Documents for the company that is opening a Mauritius Bank Account. The Corporate Documents must be certified as a true copy of the original.
The following Corporate Documents are required:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (if your type of company doesn’t have memorandum and articles then a similar document which sets out the rules of the company)
- Register of Directors
- Register of Shareholders/Members
- Share Certificate(s)
- Company Business Plan
We can assist you with obtaining the required corporate documents and also with the notarisation and apostille of the documents. Please contact us for assistance.
If the company is older than 1 year, we will require a Certificate of Good Standing. We can assist you with obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing from the relevant authority.
Personal Documents Required
The bank requires the following personal documents from each officer, beneficial owner and authorised signatories within the company:
- Certified Copy of a valid Passport with the photograph visible
- Certified Copy of a Utility Bill dated within the last 3 months – this can be a Bank Statement, Gas/Electricity Bill
- Personal CV
If any of the above documents are not in English, a translated copy must be obtained.
Documents required for any Corporate Officer
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles – Or similar document containing the companies rules
- Register of Director/Shareholder/Members
- Share Certificate
All Due Diligence documents should be in either English or French, if not the documents should be translated into English or French and certified the same.
When a document requires certifying, an Accountant, Solicitor, Lawyer or Certified Auditor must certify the documents in English and the certificate must state the following:
- ‘I hereby certify that this document is a true copy of the original’
- The Certifiers printed name
- Name of the Organisation
- Date Certified
- Contact Information including Email Address and Contact Number
The account can be opened in Euro, British Pound and US Dollars
A Mauritius Bank Account does not require a visit to open this Business Bank Account. The Account can be opened remotely via email and telephone communication.
The initial deposit required for a Mauritius Bank Account is 5000GBP or currency equivalent. This amount should be kept in the account at all times.
Once all documents and bank forms have been received by the bank, it usually takes around 3-5 working days for the account to be opened once compliance are happy with the documents.
Banking Facilities Available
- Debit Card provided – allows you to withdraw cash worldwide from ATMs displaying the Maestro/Cirrus/MasterCard logo
- Internet Banking
- Ability to pay for goods and services worldwide
- Send and receive payments in multi currencies
- Cash withdrawal facility of up to 400.00USD (or equivalent) per day
- Once we have received all the required identification documents and information, the application is sent to the Banks compliance team. They may request additional documentation. Once the compliance team are satisfied the account will be opened in the time displayed, which is 3-5 working days
- Please click here for a PDF of the Banks fee schedule View
Available for most jurisdictions
Why Choose CFS Formations?
CFS will provide a fast, simple and transparent service that goes the extra mile to ensure complete customer satisfaction. We have a dedicated accounts manager who works within the bank which we liaise with to ensure the account opening runs as smoothly. Our experienced team will offer full support throughout the bank application.
Bank Account Introductions are not guaranteed, although we do try our best to ensure the account is opened. The Banks criteria can change without prior notice.
Unfortunately, the Bank Account opening is at the discretion of the Bank and their decision is out of our control.
If the Bank decline your application for a Bank Account, kindly note that refunds cannot be provided as we have still processed the application for you.